5/22/09

Water World

Thanks Jake for inviting me to the blog! It looks like we're just getting out of the starting gate here, so I'll say a bit about what I'm up to. I'm looking forward to see who else jumps on. I am involved with a number of water-related projects and activities. I am involved with various groups working with rainwater catchment and greywater systems. I have a calendar and site that I put a lot of time and energy into at http://www.wiserearth.org/group/arcsanorcal We are loosely organized as the Northern California chapter of the American Rainwater Catchment Systems Association (ARCSA), but we are essentially autonomous.

I am also working on design of greywater and rainwater catchment systems, bioswales, raingardens and low impact design water infrastructure. I am working with Brent Bucknum's Hyphae Design Labs in West Oakland. http://www.hyphae.net/

Another project I am working with is promoting the use of floating islands for water treatment and wave mitigation applications. The company is BioHaven Floating Islands and you can read about the applications and technology here. http://www.floatingislandinternational.com/index.php

So that is a glimpse at my Water World. I am a California Professional Civil Engineer (P.E.) and I am interested in getting involved in more projects. I'm looking forward to see who else gets on this blog. Please contact me if you are interested in collaboration on projects.

Have a good one,

Eric F. Olson
ericfordolson@gmail.com

p.s. there is a great permaculture activist and designer up in Sebastopol named Erik Ohlsen and although we are involved in similar work, we are two different people!

No comments:

Post a Comment